Friday, August 3, 2007

Halloween Cards 2006

So as I stated in my profile, I started making cards in October 2006. I was in a hostess club for Stampin' Up! and thought I would give card making a try, even though I was an avid scrapbooker and usually just used my Stampin' Up! stuff in my scrapbooks. Since I was new at this, I did steal a lot of my ideas from Splitcoaststampers.com. So I can't take full credit for these ideas, but the ladies on splitcoast did help me out a lot to begin my "career" in or should I say obsession with stamping.
This was the first card I ever made and naturally it was for my "mummy." I had decided that I would only tackle a few cards for the immediate family members, just in case I didn't like it. Most of these cards are pretty simple, I used the "masking" technique (which I learned in my hostess club) on this card to overlay the mummies.



This "batty" card was also inspired by one on splitcoast. I just loved the Booglie Eyes stamp set as you will see by all the Halloween cards I made using this set.



























7 comments:

  1. Lori! You sneaky girl. These are awesome - of course, I saw them in RL and they are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute cards! I really love the pumpkins with the feet!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lori! Glad to see you are joining the crowd of bloggers out there. I like your cards, very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - the Halloween cards are adorable. I LOVE the googly eyes:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori, these are all so sweet! I need to actually get *into* Halloween stuff. We always have a huge gathering at our house that night and take the kids trick-or-treating. . . and I am not the biggest Halloween lover, so it's tough to plan decorations and stuff. Anyway, welcome to the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori- way to go girl!! I Love your Halloween cards- just in time to be thinking about my own stuff for this year!!
    Hope to see you sometimes at Geeta'a again!!
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the world of blogging, you have some great Halloween cards here.

    ReplyDelete